I thought I would start by detailing my first steps and experiences when using my new CrowPi.
After booting up the CrowPi, the first thing I did was to run the apt-get update/upgrade cycle. Unfortunately, this bricked my CrowPi as the process ran out of disc space during the install stage and made my Pi un-bootable. So, I had to un-screw the Pi to remove the SD card so I could re-flash the image. I downloaded the latest image file from the bottom of the page at https://www.elecrow.com/crowpi-compact- ... l-kit.html and used the Pi imager software available from https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspbe ... g-utility/ to write it to the SD card. Once this was done, the Pi booted again with no problems and had the added benefit of having the latest buster distribution installed.
So, I checked the SD card and noticed that even though the card was 32GB, the image was only using 8GB. I installed gparted and extended the rootfs partition to use the entire card. After doing this, I now had 19GB free space which should last me for a while.
The next thing I did was to install VNC Viewer on my desktop so I could remote into the Pi. On the Pi menu, I had to go into Preferences -> Pi Config -> Interfaces and enable VNC. I could then connect to my Pi from my desktop but only got a small screen. A Google search came up with the following command :
Code: Select all
vncserver :1 -geometry 1920x1080 -depth 24
Finally, I tweaked the system font on Preferences -> Appearances Settings -> System -> Font to PibotoLt 10 to make things a bit smaller on the CrowPi but show more information.
After that, I think things were ready to go and I started to check out the lessons and make stuff work on the development board.
Please share your initial dabblings with the CrowPi and let everyone learn from our own experiences.